|Creating your ENUM record at e164.org|
|Written by Kevan|
The last step in getting your ENUM up and working on Asterisk at Home is to register your phone number with e164.org. To register with e164.org you will need a public DNS entry for your AAH box or your firewall (whichever is directly connected to the internet). If your address is assigned via DHCP from your ISP, I recommend setting up a Dynamic DNS entry withwww.dyndns.com .
Step by step instructions for e164.org
1) Point your browser to http://www.e164.org
2) Click the Signup tab at the top of the page.
3) Complete the account creation page and respond to the confirmation email sent by e164.org
4) Back at e164.org click on the the Login tab.
5) Login to e164.org and click the Phone Numbers tab.
6) Click the Add link.
7) Fill in your areacode and phone number. In the VOIP Protocol drop down select SIP to receive SIP calls or IAX2 to receive IAX2 calls. (You can create a second entry later if you want to recieve both types of calls.) Now enter your public DNS address in the hostname field.
8) Click add number.
9) The next page display will be the phone number confirmation page. The e164.org server will call the number that you are regitering (over the PSTN) and verify that you own the number. It will supply a PIN via the phone call for you to enter on e164.org. Click Yes and wait for the call. The site says 15 minutes but I have had it take up to 30 minutes.
10) Once you receive the call, enter the PIN on the confirmantion page and click Submit.
11) You are all set!