yum or apt-get for osx (os x) systems
Welcome to Rudix!
“The hassle-free way to get Unix programs on OS X”
Rudix is a collection of pre-built Unix software delivered as packages for OS X.
Reasons to use:
- Ready to use, don't need to compile anything.
- Compatible with El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion and Snow Leopard (PowerPC is not supported).
- Included dependencies when applicable.
- A wide selection of packages.
- Distribute Python modules.
- Developer friendly.
There is two ways to have the Rudix Package manager installed. You can download the proper package and install it from packages > rudix or you can bootstrap by using the command line.
Just open the Terminal.app and type:
curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/rudix-mac/rpm/2015.10.20/rudix.py sudo python rudix.py install rudix
UsageNow you are ready to use Rudix packages, type the command
rudix searchto get a list of packages for installation. For example, use
sudo rudix install wgetto install wget (GNU Wget).If (for any reason) you dislike Rudix, you can remove it completely by running
sudo rudix -R.